Guidelines for Guests with the Mt. St. Helens Club
Prior to participating in any Club sanctioned activity (e.g., hike, snow shoe, cross country ski, etc.) guests will be asked by the activity leader to confirm that they are familiar with the guidelines contained on this page.
In the interest of safety and an enjoyable time for all participants in Club activities guests should:
- Understand that smoking, pets, and alcoholic beverages are not allowed during club activities;
- Review the rating system of the activity to assess their ability to handle the degree of difficulty involved; Activity Guidelines
- Contact the activity leader prior to participating. The leader will provide details about the event and will ask about the guest’s competence to handle the demands of the activity;
- Inquire about the anticipated length of the activity. It is advisable not to have any critical commitments scheduled immediately after an activity in the event that the group’s return is delayed due to unforeseen circumstances. Participants are expected to remain with the group until completion of the activity;
- Be prepared to discuss with the leader any medical/health conditions which may manifest themselves during a club activity to the extent that intervention by club members or medical personnel may be necessary;
- Come to the activity prepared with food, water, proper clothing and footwear, and as many of the essentials as possible; Activity Guidelines
- Understand that failure to meet the above conditions may prevent participation based upon the discretion of the leader;
- Notify a friend and/or relative of the activity destination, approximate return time, and a contact number of the activity leader;
- Bring cash for meal and carpool contribution (maximum of .10 per mile per passenger); and
- Understand that they will have to sign a Waiver and Release of Liability as a condition of participation.