The Mt. St. Helens Club was founded in 1930 and incorporated in 1936. It consists of men, women, and youth over age 12 who share a love of the beautiful outdoors of the Pacific Northwest.
To foster and stimulate interest in hiking, mountaineering, skiing, camping, and similar outdoor activities;
To create a better standard of citizenship by encouraging a spirit of good comradeship, building health, and promoting goodwill among lovers of the outdoors;
To further the study and increase the knowledge of plant and animal life of the mountains, forests and waterways of the Pacific Northwest by exploration into these regions;
To preserve, by personal carefulness and by furtherance of protective legislation, the natural beauties of the Pacific Northwest; To provide activities of a recreational and social nature for the benefit and enjoyment of the members.
The Club is involved with a wide range of activities year-round including hiking, bicycling, paddling, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, weekend retreats, campouts, and social events. Generally two activities are scheduled each week on Mondays (less strenuous) and Saturdays (more strenuous.)
Monthly meetings for members and guests are held on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:00 P.M. The meetings consist of a potluck meal, business meeting, and informative program.
- Take three qualifying hikes in 12 consecutive months,
- Be provided copies of the Constitution and By-laws of the Club and Basic Activity Guidelines and agree to abide by them; and
- Submit an application for membership which must be signed by two active members in good standing. The application, the initiation fee and first year\’s membership fee shall be given to the Membership Chairman.
- New member initiation fee $15.00
- Annual Dues for adult members $35.00 (pro-rated for new members)
- Junior Membership $5.00 (ages 12-17)